Wednesday 6 March 2013

Albacore Tuna Salad With Fresh Sprouts, Hemp Hearts, Topped With Creamy Sesame Dressing

This past week I finally received in the mail my new sprouter! I had been trying to make sprouts in a mason jar. I read it worked but I didn't seem to have much success :/ This new sprouter works fantastic though! Within 3 days I had amazing alfalfa sprouts. its a 4 teared one so I can have multiple trays going. Im currently sprouting broccoli and sunflower seeds . Recipes to come soon with them involved ;) There are many benefits of sprouts, also they are super tasty. I used "Mumm's sprouting seeds" On their web site they have lots of info about the benefits, if you want to learn more click HERE.






INGREDIENTS:

- 2 hand fulls of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup of sprouts of choice ( I used alfalfa)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tuna albacore steak
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 TBS Hemp heart


CREAMY SESAME DRESSING:
- 2 TBS paleo mayo
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 1/2 TSP black sesame seeds
- 1/8 TSP apple cider vinegar
- Few dashes of hot sauce ( I used Chiloua Garlic, saracha would work well too)
- Pinch of salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS:

- In a frying pan heat with olive oil, sear tuna for no more than 3 minutes each side ( it doesn't take long to cook tuna, its okay if it is still slightly raw looking inside)
- Fill a bowl with spinach leaves, tomatoes, hemp hearts and avocado
- Top with Tuna and Sesame dressing and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Check out nutritional facts, and prices of albacore tuna from grocery stores at http://healthygrocery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete