As a little side note if you ever get the chance ( they can be hard to find but often Asian import stores or Fairway market carry Japanese Purple sweet potato/Yam) They actually are the best potato type carb you can eat, packed full of nutrients , low on the GI scale and so tasty - and who wouldn't want to add some purple to their mean ;)
- Hand full of fresh crisp lettuce
- hand full of fresh sprouts of choice ( I used alfalfa and kale sprouts that I grew)
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 TBS hemp hearts
- 1 x 1 inch feta cheese crumbled
- 1 small Japanese purple sweet potato (you can also use a regular one or Yam if you cant find this kind)
-1 cup pulled pork
-GARLIC YOGURT PARMESAN DRESSING:
- Parmesan Yogurt Dressing:
- 1/4 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 TBS shredded Parmesan
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- few drops lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and cracked black pepper
- Fill a small pot half way with water and bring to a boil, add in sweet potato and boil for about 6 min or until tender.
-You can also preheat the pulled for if you choose to ( the sweet potato will be warm in the salad so the pork warmed is nice too)
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients while sweet potato is boiling, Tear up lettuce, chop tomato , avocado, and feta. Add into a bowl and top with hemp hearts and sprouts.
- Blend all Dressing ingredients together in a magic bullet or small blender.
- Once cooked add sweet potato, pulled pork , and dressing to salad, toss and enjoy some kick @$$ goodness :)