Wednesday 27 March 2013

Paleo Waffles With Mixed berries, Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce And Coconut Whipped Cream

As I said before, I love breakfast! I don't know what I would do without it haha. I usually allow myself to have one "sweet" super awesome almost desert like breakfast a month lol. This month I did a big brunch with friends and we made waffles!




INGREDIENTS: (Makes 4 waffles)

- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1/2 TSP cinnamon
- 1/8 TSP nutmeg
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- Few dashes of vinegar ( helps to thicken)

OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Fresh mixed berries and fruit: strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Banana
- Barry compote ( we did a raspberry rhubarb compote )
- Coconut Whipped cream 
- If you like the classic, go for some old fashioned butter and Pure maple syrup

DIRECTIONS:

- Whisk together eggs in a large bowl.
- Combine in all other ingredients making sure that no clumps are left , add in vinegar last to help thicken up batter.
- Pre-heat a waffle iron and coat with butter before pouring in waffle batter.
- While waffles are cooking prepare coconut whipped cream and toppings of choice for waffles.
- For the coconut whip cream make sure to chill overnight in freezer ( if you have good quality coconut milk, I use Thai Kitchen the cream is usually already at the top). Scoop off the top thick layer of cream discarding the coconut water, blend in a high speed mix master adding in a bit of vanilla extract)
- Serve waffles and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment