Friday 1 March 2013

Paleo Fruit And Berrie Crepes With Cinnamon Caramel Sauce

Last night I was thinking about my time in Paris with my best friend Sarah, we stayed in down town Paris for a few days and every morning we would go to this little crepe cafe right by out house, they were so good! It has been a long time since I have had crepes, I had a huge love for them when I came back from Europe. I LOVE BREAKFAST (you should too!), best meal of the day IMO. I make Paleo pancakes every so often , but have never tried crepes, so here is my first attempt, they turned out great! I decided to pair it with a unique cinnamon caramel sauce instead of maple syrup, it really added to the whole taste!




INGREDIENTS : (Serves 2)

- 3 eggs
- 2 TBS coconut milk ( I used canned, but you can use carton coconut milk or almond milk)
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1 TBS flax meal
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt

CINNAMON CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 3 pitted and soaked dates
- 1 TBS almond butter
- 2 TBS date water
- 1/2 TSP vanilla
- 1/8 TSP Cinnamon

- Chopped up fruit and berries of choice

DIRECTIONS:

- Heat up a frying pan with coconut oil or olive oil ( get 2 going at once to speed up the process)
- pour a small 4 inch circle in the centre of the pan, then pick up quickly and tilt it around to widen the crepe.
- Allow to cook for about 2 minutes then flip.
- Place in the oven on a low temperature to keep hot while making the fest
- While making the crepes, prepare the sauce, soak dates in boiling water for a few minutes.
- Place Dates, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon and water in a blender and combine well ( you may need to add a bit more water depending on how big the dates are.
- Chop up desired fruit and berries ( I used bananas and blueberries)
- When finished cooking all crepes, place chopped fruit and berries in crepe, roll and serve with Cinnamon Caramel Sauce on top ( Of course you can mix it up with anything u like! yogurt, whipped cream, maypole syrup , enjoy~!)


No comments:

Post a Comment