Rhubarb stalks ready to be made into delicious sauce :D
Having the first taste!
Spring perfection in a bowl :)
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 1 Litre)
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 TBS water
- 1 TSP lemon juice
- 1 TSP Vanilla extract ( or beans from 1 pod)
- 1 inch of freshly grated ginger ( use less or more to your liking)
- 2 TBS raw honey
- 8 drops liquid (vanilla) stevia extract
- 500 ML Organic half and half dairy
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk ( you could also just add more dairy or whipping cream for even more creaminess)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp gelatin powder
- 2 TSP raw honey (you can use a different alternative sugar such as coconut nectar or just stevia)
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- Heat a sauce pan to medium. Chop up all rhubarb and strawberries placing them into the pan. Add in water lemon juice allowing the mixture to melt down a bit. place the lid on for about 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- once mixture has reduced add in honey , stevia, vanilla , and ginger. Replace lid and bring to low - medium heat allowing to simmer for an addition 15 minutes.
- When complete place mixture into a bowl and chill in the fridge.
- Pour half and half into a sauce pan and bring heat to medium stirring often to make sure the milk does not burn.
- Separate 2 egg yolks ( set whites aside). Once milk begins to foam remove from heat, slowly pour over egg yolks whisking continuously as you pour ( you should see the milk begin to froth up).
- Next add in the gelatin powder, honey, stevia ( or sweetener of choice).
- Once milk has chilled completely combine 2 cups of the strawberry rhubarb sauce. Process in ice cream maker according to manufactures direction ( I processed mine for 15 minutes). If you don't have an ice cream maker make sure to mix the two together well then place in a container and free overnight in freezer. Enjoy !