Tuesday 19 February 2013

Cashew Coconut Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Round #2 of Ice cream madness!!! Well my first ice cream making experience went amazingly, I was so excited to make some more haha. I wanted to do something classic and simple, I loveee the taste of Vanilla, I always go for vanilla ice cream over chocolate! When I recently discovered "real" vanilla beans in the pod over christmas I couldn't believe that I had been missing out on it all these years! The extract just doesn't come close to the fragrant vanilla beans right from the pod. Next time your in the grocery store make sure you pick some up, they go great in all kinds of baking and smoothies!




INGREDIENTS:

- 1 Cup of soaked cashews ( soak overnight or at least 3 hrs)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup nut milk of choice ( i used unsweetened coconut and almond)
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk ( the kind from the tin, if you don't have any just add more nut milk)
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean pod
- 2 TBS Raw un-pasteurized honey
- 2 TBS coconut oil melted

DIRECTIONS:

- In a blender combine all ingredient well making sure the mixture is very smooth
- Using an ice cream maker, pour all ingredients into it and turn on for 15 minutes
- ( If you don't have an ice cream maker place into a container and allow to chill for a few hours)
- Top with fresh berries and serve ~!


No comments:

Post a Comment