INGREDIENTS: (Serves 2)
- 2 organic jewelled yams
- 1 head or broccoli
- hand full of cherry tomatoes
- hand full of asparagus stocks
- Bunch of minced parsley
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
ROASTED RED PEPPER COCONUT CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 one yam
- 1/2 cup coconut milk ( from the can, or make your own)
- 1 TBS pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn oven onto broil and cover a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Cut up pepper into 6 pieces removing seeds, place skin up on the baking sheet, broil for 10 minutes ( They will become black on top but this is okay! it releases the sweet taste from the pepper! The skin will be removed after).
- While Pepper is broiling, peel yams, using a potato peeler, spiralizer, or julienne cutter, slice into thin strips like linguine noodles. Save 1/2 of one of the yams for the sauce.
- Cut up asparagus ( you can mix it up to your veggies of choice) Place in a pot with a bit of coconut oil to sauté, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut up broccoli and place in a separate pot and steam for 3 minutes along with your yam noodles, and extra 1/2 yam for sauce ( don't cook them too long or they will become mushy).
- Remove peppers from oven , place in bowl with a lid while still hot and allow to steam for 5 minutes. When finished, remove blackened skins and place in a blender. Add in coconut milk, pesto, sat and pepper and 1/2 of the steamed yam for the sauce.
- Drain noodles and broccoli, combine with asparagus in one pot, then toss in the cream sauce coating everything well.
- Dice up a few cherry tomatoes and add them into the mix too.
- Place in a bowl and garnish with minced parsley.